the P-51 in 1943 was a workhorse and much of the aircraft looked heavily worn. There was only a limited time between the next mission. I wanted to put this into a hopefully realistic way.
I started with chipping the Cadillac with a sponge and a thin brush
After that was done I started with the wheathering. I applied to individual panel filters made of oil paints
I did not want to put too much emphasis on it, and I added the oils step by step.
Next parts ready to be added.... I will not add fuel tanks
Oil staines are done and some mud added to the wings
The tools and colors I have used for wheathering: